Post event Programme
Tour to Mythical Bridges of South-East Switzerland
Organise by Kristian Schellenberg
This two days Bridge Tour gives a concentrated impression of some of the most remarkable bridges in south-east Switzerland. The tour will starts and ends at Zurich Mainstation.
1. Salginatobel, Schiers - International Historic Civil Engineering Landmark of ACSE, 1991. Built 1929 by Robert Maillart.
2. Sunniberg, Klosters - IABSE Outstanding Structure Award 2001 Built in 1998 designed by Christian Menn.
3. Tamina, Pfäfers - Largest arch bridge in Switzerland and currently under construction.
4. Traversina - Short walk to the suspension pedestrian bridge overcoming the height difference of 22 m with 176 steps.
5. Landwasserviaduct, Filisur - UNESCO World Heritage Site, 2008.
The 136 m long stone viaduct of the Rhaetian Railway crosses the valley at 65 m height by means of 6 arches. Built in 1902 and renovated 2009.
6. Valtschiel, Donat - With 43.2 m span Robert Maillart’s largest bridge without hinge at the arch center built in 1924. It has been carefully repaired in 2013 and serves as pedestrian bridge, today.
7. Rhinebridge Tamins - 100 m concrete arch bridge built in 1962 and designed by Christian Menn.
Date: 18 -19 November 2022
Start: 18.11.2022, 07.45 Zurich Hauptbahnhof (Main station)
Finish: 19.11.2022, 18.30 Zurich Hauptbahnhof (Main Station)
Tour Cost: CHF 440 / person
Guided by: Kristian Schellenberg
Registration deadline: 31 October 2022
IABSEJungholzstrasse 288050 ZurichSWITZERLANDLocation: Map Info
Have a question?
+41 43 443 97 65
Bank details: Click here.
Follow Uson Social Media