To mitigate and control the risk of bridge collapses in designing.
Long-term Life Cycle planning through in-depth analysis and assessment of available information regarding failures and their consequences.
Scope & Limitation
Collapses, partial collapses and near failures of road and foot bridges involving all types of structures and materials in designing activity and long term Life Cycle planning.
Cases will be considered from all regions of the world by using documents in open access only.
Expected Project Output
- Global database for bridge failures (2019)
- Special sessions or workshops during IABSE conferences
- Technical Report with recommendations for design of bridges (end of 2020)
- Report “Case Studies” (2021)
- Joint research projects with other organisations (by the end of 2022)
Target Date of Completion: