Important Visa Information
Hassle Free Travel
Having the right passport and visa organised is the key to a hassle free entry for delegates into New Zealand.
New Zealand's immigration requirements
We enjoy welcoming visitors to New Zealand and we’d like to think that when you come here that you have an experience to remember - but for the right reasons. So if you’re coming to New Zealand, it’s a good idea to make sure you have everything ready.
When you arrive in New Zealand, you’ll need to be carrying a passport that is valid for at least three months beyond your intended departure date. Many people will qualify for visa-free entry, but depending on your country of origin, some will need to apply for a visa before they travel.
Do you need a visa or permit?
From 1 October 2019, some overseas travellers may not be allowed to travel to New Zealand without a visa or an NZeTA.
Please read the details below and visit the NZ Immigration Website for further information and to apply for your visa or NZeTA.
Things to note:
- From 1 October 2019, if you are from a visa waiver country you must hold an NZeTA before you travel
- Allow up to 72 hours for processing, but it could take as little as 10 minutes
- An NZeTA request costs NZD $9 on our free app, or NZD $12 if completed online
- You pay an International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy (IVL) at the same time as your NZeTA. This costs NZD $35
You do not need an NZeTA if you:
- are a New Zealand citizen travelling on a New Zealand passport, or a foreign passport that has a New Zealand citizen endorsement
- are an Australian citizen travelling on an Australian passport
- are from a Visa Required country and hold a valid visa for New Zealand - including a Permanent Resident Visa.
You are still required to provide:
- Travel tickets or evidence of onward travel arrangements
- Evidence that you can support yourself in New Zealand (approximately NZ$1000 per month per person)
Letter of Invitation
If you require a letter of invitation to support your visa application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
New Zealand has strict biosecurity procedures at airports and ports to prevent the introduction of unwanted pests and diseases. MPI's role is to help people arriving in New Zealand to meet these requirements.
Please view the NZ Bio-security information website
to assist with your arrival into New Zealand.