IABSE wishes to provide a platform for young engineers within IABSE and to encourage promising young researchers and practitioners to share their experience and co-operate with other international or national structural engineering associations with similar programmes for young engineers.
The mission of the Young Engineers Programme (YEP), started in 2002, is to actively support and develop the objectives of IABSE, by focusing on issues relevant to young engineers. This includes increasing the participation of young engineers within the Association and facilitating international networking for them, as well as recruiting new IABSE members.
The objectives of the YEP are to:
- Actively support and develop the objectives of IABSE, by focusing on issues relevant to young engineers.
- Increase the participation of young engineers in the Association's activities.
- Increase the activities for young engineers, during the annual IABSE Symposia, through specially designated sessions and social events.
- Facilitate international networking with more experienced colleagues
- Recruit new IABSE Members