IABSE motivates and encourages young members, researchers and practitioners to share their experiences and learn with their more experienced colleagues and help them build-up their professional network at an early age.
The Association launched the Young Engineers Programme (YEP) in cooperation with the Australian Group of IABSE at the IABSE Symposium in Melbourne 2002. As a result of its success, the Programme has since then been repeated at every IABSE Symposia and the local events of IABSE National Groups.
The YEP's objectives are to:
- Actively support the objectives of IABSE, with the focus on issues relevant to young engineers
- Increase the participation of young members in the Association's activities.
- Increase the activities for young engineers under their leadership during the IABSE events
- Facilitate international networking with more experienced and senior members
- Encourage the growth IABSE Membership
Here is an example of the benefits offered to Young Engineers under 35, at the IABSE events:
- Reduced conference fee and free IABSE membership for the following year of the conference
- Two prizes of 2,000 CHF each, awarded to outstanding contributions personally presented by the author (paper or poster).
- YEP Social Event
- Networking with IABSE Fellows
The YEP is supported by IABSE Fellows and the Organising Committee of the IABSE Conference.
It is open to all young engineers, member (younger than 35 years) or non-member participating in IABSE Symposia or Conference.