WC 6: Engineering Software and Information Modeling
The Working Commission is, in its field of activity, responsible for the active support of the objectives of the Association. It support in this respect all other committees of the Association.
Field of Activities
Information technology in structural engineering
to the Technical Committee
1 - 2 per year, contact Chair
Permanent tasks include the dissemination, to IABSE members as well as to the structural engineering community, of information, methodologies, research results, and economic evaluations concerning information technology applications in structural engineering.
Liaison with other IT-related groups
It is our intention in WC6 to remain aware of the activities of the following groups and where possible, collaborate with them to achieve our stated goal of increasing the awareness of the impact and potential of IT in structural engineering:
• The European Group for Intelligent Computing in Engineering (EG-ICE)
• European Association of Product and Process Modelling (EAPPM)
• The Intelligent Computing Committee, Technical Council on Computers and Information Technology (TCCIT) of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
• The Emerging Computing Technology Committee , Structural Engineering Institute (SEI) of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
• The International Society on Computing in Civil and Structural Engineering (ISCCSE)
• CIB W78: Information Technology in Construction
• Arbeitskreis Bauinformatik